Thursday, May 13, 2010

Speaking at Campbell Library 5/13, 7 pm

I'll be speaking at the library Thursday night and I've really been looking forward to this opportunity. A PDF flier about the event can be viewed here.

The last time I spoke, we had around 20 people in the room. Most of the people had a son or daughter who going through a terrible time, and the adults were worried about how to handle the situation.

I can't provide the answers, just some experiences from my life and the interviews from my book. I also mention some of the calls and emails I've received. There's some comfort in knowing you're not alone in this situation, and it's helpful to know many kids grow out of that terrible stage and that there is help.

If you're in the Silicon Valley, I hope you can come to this event. If you know of another venue interested in this topic, please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment